Nightingales Bush - Llwyn yr Eos
This view, taken from Coedpenmaen Common, shows the Brown Lenox works in about 1900. At the bottom right Ynysangharad Locks can just be seen behind the Bunch of Grapes Inn. The field beyond the works later became the Bush playing field, used for football. The canal can be seen running towards the cottages at Nightingales Bush. The later Brown Lenox buildings, used until 2000, were built on the Bush field following the purchase of the field and the canal and canal basin in 1957. The length of canal seen here is, apart from the filled-in central section, what remains today.
This view from the same location, shows work in progress on the Sainsbury's site in late December 2011.